Monday, September 1, 2008

A Small Sampling of the Goofy Things Eve Has Said Recently

As you all know, Eve is as silly as could be. Here are a few of the goofy comments she made last week:

1) When my friend, Krista, was watching Eve and James during Laine's open house, Eve gave her a tour of the house. When they walked past this chair (this is a picture of it from our old house):
Eve said, "And this is the Papa chair"
Krista: "Oh, is it called that because your dad likes to sit there?"
Eve: "Nope. That's just it's name."

2) Last week I took Eve to Target and let her pick out some stickers. She picked out some butterfly ones and when we got home, she started to put them in a notebook leaving lots of pages between each sticker. Her comment was "I'm giving my butterflies lots of personal space." Oh if only she would do that for people too.

3) When we last visited Salt Lake, Grandma got the girls some matching dresses. As we were getting ready for church yesterday, both the girls picked out this dress. Eve burst into tears and couldn't be consoled. We told them how cute they both look in it, but Eve sobbed, "Our Sunday School teachers won't be able to tell us apart!!!" We offered to style their hair in different hair-dos so that they could each be distinctive, and explained that the Laine being a whole head taller would make it pretty easy to tell them apart, but this didn't appease her. Finally, I made a name tag for Eve that said, "I am Eve. NOT Laine." This made her very happy and they went to church in the matching dresses.

4) We recently finished reading the BFG by Roald Dahl and last week I was drinking some Perrier in the dining room. When I got up to do something in the kitchen, Eve, grinning ear-to-ear, took a giant gulp of my Perrier. When she burped, her face fell, and she said disappointedly, "Awww, I wanted the bubbles to go down so I could do a whizzpopper." If the terms 'whizpopper' and 'frobscottle' don't mean anything to you, you'll have to read the BFG.

And a bonus goofball comment from Laine:

A couple of days ago, Laine discovered where the tooth fairy hides her teeth after she collects them: Right in Mom's jewelry box (oops)! So she gets a bright idea and says, "Hey! I know! I'm gonna take these and put them under my pillow again to trick the tooth fairy into giving me more dollars." Sure, Laine. That would totally work if the tooth fairy was a complete idiot, which she's NOT!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You look so beautiful in your dresses. I'm glad that Eve got her name tag so no one got mixed up at Primary.
Love you dearly,
Grandma Bradley

Patricia said...

Ha! Good stuff...

Nikki said...

Funny! I love the things kids say.

Unknown said...

That is so funny! I love the name tag story and Laine's pose in that picture. That's awesome. I think Eve and Annabel are two peas in a pod for sure!

Also, thanks for placing Annabel's haircut for me. She DOES look like Ramona Quimby! I was trying to think of who she looked like and I could only come up with that girl from Amelie. And I love that you cried many tears of ugliness on Eve's behalf. That was the funniest thing I've read in while.