Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Updates on Life

Here's the latest on what's going on in our little family. Last week, Eve suffered another terrible haircut. This time she was not the victim of her elder sister's aspirations to be a hair stylist. It was self-inflicted. Below is a picture of our newly bobbed little Eve after a real hair stylist fixed it.

Secondly, I feel like we've been neglecting our sweet baby James in our blog posts lately, so here he is, my cute baby boy:
Chris and Laine are getting ready to dive into some birthday cake. Laine, by the way, just poked her head in our bedroom to announce that she was so cold she got the goofbumps. That's pretty accurate, I'd say.James is getting a workout with Chris's new birthday weights. We decided we could use a little toning up. Here he is below lifting like a fourth of his body weight. And here he is devouring some cake. I'm relieved to announce that Laine has still refrained from becoming a kindergarten drop out. We just got a litte visit from my aunt, Laine's emo-halmoni. Laine was super excited to have her pick her up and drop her off at the bus stop.Laine's teacher asked us for a photo of our family for Laine to keep at school and I realized we haven't taken one since James was born, so our lovely neighbor Ms. Joan took this snapshot for us today. And that's the five minute update. Sorry this post wasn't very entertaining. I have a ton of studying to do for an exam tomorrow, but hopefully the pictures of cute kids makes up for the lack in editorial content.

6 comments:

Patricia said...

I think Eve's new haircut is pretty cute! Good luck on your exam!

Doug said...

Patty... Maybe that's because Eve's face "looks so automatically cute", as she so correctly put it. And of course, so do the other kid's faces.

Nikki said...

I LOVE Laine's cute sweater vest! Did I tell you I saw a Janie & Jack being built at Fashion Place right next to Naartjie?! Hurray for cute kids fashions!

Anonymous said...

I do not have your email address so I have to write you here...we took out the dash in our blog address. Just FYI. Good luck with your test and keep doing great with your family!

Kirsten said...

So cute. I love those little kidlets.

Good luck with school.

Anonymous said...

Eve still looks darling, but Eve, please, don't cut your hair again. Next time, it might not look so good. You never know. Sometimes you just get a bad haircut.
Laine, you look awesome in that sweater vest. I really like the colors. James, you are a cutie and look so happy.
Good luck on your test, Christie.
We love you all,
Grandma and Grandpa