Sunday, September 28, 2008

Sorry I've been such a blog slacker...

but life's been so hectic! Plus, my camera's at work right now, so I haven't had a chance to upload recent pictures of the kids. So, here are a couple of old pictures. These first two are from almost exactly one year ago. Laine had just gotten her Wonder Woman costume in the mail and was trying it on for us. I think out of all the kids, Eve's the one that's grown the most since last year. She looks so little to me in this picture with her footie pajamas and snuggling her woof woof.Here's James a year ago when he and I visited Chris when the kids and I were still in Salt Lake. He hasn't really grown much and pretty much looks the same except that now he can walk and make a few animal noises. The other day, we were getting ready for a bath and my little naked James stood right in front of the toilet and peed. Unfortunately, he was about 10 inches too short to clear the rim, but he was very pleased with himself for peeing like Daddy.This picture is recent. It's from earlier this month on Laine's first soccer practice. I hadn't had a chance to buy her the uniform yet because they'd announced the practice that same day. She has practice once a week and games every Saturday. Chris takes her to the games and I haven't been to one yet, but he said on her first game she decided she liked the other team better and was rooting for them. But this week, she was supporting her team and even made a significant contribution toward scoring the team's only goal that game. Go Laine!
Life has been really busy. Sending Laine to kindergarten means that Eve relies on me to be her pretending game buddy all day which is so exhausting! I never gave Laine the credit she deserved for entertaining Eve. By the end of the day when I leave for class or work, I'm already drained. Last week, I dozed off with James for half an hour and when I woke up, six of my fingernails had sparkly nail polish on them. Other than being really busy, life is good.

4 comments:

Patricia said...

That costume's awesome and I can't believe how small eve was. Thinking back, I guess she was still 2, but she just looks like a baby!

Anonymous said...

Laine, what an awesome soccer player! We are proud of you.
Eve, just keep on making up all those great pretend stories. We love your imagination. James, way to pee.
Love to you all,
Grandma and Grandpa

Luke and Kristin Rudelich said...

Christine..Your Kids are the cutest things in the world! Lanie-Awesome costume. I am lovin it!! James is the most beautiful boy I have ever seen. I miss you and am so glad that I get to see your kids pictures on your blog. Love Ya!!!

Nikki said...

Fun pics! Hopefully she'll be a better soccer player than Marshall was, haha.