Thursday, August 21, 2008

Laine's Rambling Insomnia Monologue

Laine is having some trouble sleeping tonight and while she's always very talkative, she gets ultra talkative when she's exhausted. The one-sided conversation is getting somewhat amusing, so I'll write it down for you:

Do you know that I've seen FOUR frogs? It's true. Well, maybe I've seen three frogs. One of them might have been a frog, or it might have been a jumping caterpillar. I'm not SO sure. Hmm but it was jumping, so that probably means it was a frog, right? Heeyyyyy what are you writing? You're writing something about me, aren't you? I can tell because it has the word 'Laine' in it. What are you writing about me, mom? 'Laine is having some trouble sleeping tonight and while she's always very tt...' Mom! I can't read this because I don't know that word! Oh. Talkative. Now I get it. Wow! This is all about me? Aren't you done writing that now? You just like to write write write. How come wolves like to howl at the moon? Does the word 'wolf' have a letter 'L' in it because it sounds wwwoooLf? When I'm six I'm probably gonna lose all my teeth. Hey! Did you just write that when you're six, you're gonna lose all your teeth? That's Brrdiculous because you're never going to be six! What's all this nonsense, mom? Hey, will it take me 11 more years until I'm sixteen? Dad told me when I'm sixteen I might learn how to drive. How come you keep writing and writing and writing and writing?

I'm writing down what you say because it's so funny.

You're writing down what I say? Whoa. I bet that's a lot of stuff. Man, it's like I'm never gonna get to sleep. Is it past midnight yet? I could stay up a whole hour.

Please don't.

Or two. One time, I had a nap for two whole hours. Oh, I know I'm not supposed to put my fingers in your face. I forgot I shouldn't do that. *giggles* Oh, I know I'm not supposed to... *giggles* Oh man! This is so funny! Stop writing what I say! Man, I'll never get to sleep!! This is just so funny! I'm so funny! heheheehe. Oh, I know I'm funny. I know I shouldn't be laughing so much, but this is so uuhhhlarious! Is that a giggle? You wrote down my giggle? HAHAHAHA

Laine, okay seriously now try to sleep, ok? It's way past your bedtime.

I can't! I was giggling so much.

Good, you should be all worn out.

I'm not. How'd you know how to write giggles? Bublabublabula. Mom, I'm serious. How'd you know how to write giggles?

I'm just smart.

Oh so it's just cuz you're smart. Well, I'm smart. I know I'm smart. Hey, you keep writing things I say. Oww! I hurt my eye! Haha I'm pretending I hurt my eye to be silly! *sigh* oh man, it's just a night I can't sleep. What does dad call that again when he can't sleep? Kasomnia?

Insomnia.

I have INSOMNIA!!!!!!!!!!

What are you gonna do about it?

I'm gonna not sleep.

Why don't you think of a different solution?

I don't know. I'll run up and down the stairs 'til I'm tired! *panting* Okay well I don't want to do that anymore. Hey mom, actually I didn't just go up one flight of stairs. I did it more than once, it was just really fast. I think I'm about to have a knee cramp. Maybe cuz I stayed up so late. Hey, who's all this writing for anyway? Dad?

It's for our blog.

Let me see all the stuff you wrote. Wow, I talk a lot. Sometimes when I tell dad that I didn't brush my teeth, I'm just joking him and I really brushed my teeth.

Lainey? Do you think it's time to go to bed for real now?

I can't! I can not sleep.

Okay, I'm turning off the computer now. Time to close our eyes.

Okay you can do that. Time to close my ears? But I can't close my ears!

Read it again.

It says ears.

Look carefully.

Eyes. It says eyes. Oh, I can close my eyes, but I can't sleep!

Good night Laine.

Hmph.

1 comment:

Nikki said...

Oh, Laine, you are funny! That was great, thanks for sharing!