Friday, August 15, 2008

Eve's Pretending Games

Today was a fairly typical day at our house, which means a day full of pretending. Out of all our kids, Eve seems to have the wildest imagination and is almost always pretending to be something or someone else. She started off the day wanting to be Mom. She asked me to style her hair into an 'exquisite hairdo' for the role, which I found hilarious since I haven't showered for two days and my hair is always in a messy ponytail.
Then we had a HUGE clean up effort. Our house looks about a hundred times better. Eve, oh excuse me, I mean Mom, helped by folding and putting away laundry. She amazingly did a good job. She really worked hard and told me she was 'figure-outing where all the clothes go.' Then, since all her toys were put away, she decided to make a pretending game out of my tubs of body butter.
I had no idea playing with body butter could be so fascinating! I have a little video clip of her playing, but it was too long to post, so I'll give you the highlights:
"Now, princess pink and princess shea butter are going to fight the bad guys! Oh, but here comes orange witchy, casting her spells to put people to sleep. She's doing her curse. Curse! Curse! Curse! Ha, now they're asleep, but then she decided to join the good guys. Now she is happy and content and she's gonna marry blueberry." This went on for a good 20 minutes before she got bored of the monologue and decided to make a Noah's Ark out of a laundry basket.
Next, Eve found Laine and convinced her to play ballerina princesses with her. First, they were pretending to be ballet princess Laine and ballet princess Eve, but then they decided that wasn't fun enough, so they swapped tutus and Laine became ballet princess Eve and Eve became ballet princess Laine. Here they are below. Ballet princess Laine is the one in the black tutu and ballet princess Eve is the one in the pink tutu.

And that's been our day so far. Filled with imagination.

2 comments:

Nikki said...

I love their pretending games! You have quite the collection of body butters, I'm jealous! Marshall played that way with his crayons on the way home from Colorado. I love it when they make something out of nothing. Ooh, and I loved Eve's 'exquisite hairdo.'

Lonnie and Bob Bradley said...

I want to play too! I think you caught this imagination stuff from me!
Love you,
Grandma