Sunday, November 18, 2007

Making Cookies


After a simple meal of chicken quesadillas - that's pronounced "kay-sa-DILL-ee-ohs" for those who don't have toddlers mangling Spanish - we decided to make some cookies. Since all our cooking gear is still in our house in Sandy we opted for the pre-made dough variety augmented by our own M&M toppers. The girls were in charge of adding those. Eve was really confused for a bit trying to find where we kept the chocolate chips (she's the official chipper when she makes cookies with her Haboji - that's Grandpa for those who don't have toddlers mangling Korean), but she perked right up when she realized that there was candy involved.


We're planning to take a little road trip to upstate New York this week to share Thanksgiving with Uncle Michael, Aunt Mel, Sam, and Simon. The girls are pretty excited to see their cousins and I'm looking forward to the turkey and mashed potatoes.


In other news, James is growing his vocabulary, he's gone from just "mamamamama" to "babababa", "dadadadada", and "oooeaaeeoooeeaa". We'll have complete sentences any day now.


Chris

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's nice to see you guys! I have my own blog and post all of my art work. I think blog is fun!

The Toy Snob said...

I already tried leaving a comment, but apparently it didn't work so I'll do it again.

I hadn't heard of the Kindle, but WOW it looks cool! Kinda expensive but it would definitely cut down on text book bulk. And it would be nice to have the book RIGHT then instead of waiting for Amazon to ship it. Let me know if you get one.

Also, with the Tag thing, just copy and paste, then type in your answers before you post it on your blog. Don't feel like you have to do it, I don't do all the ones I'm asked to. Like I said, I just don't have that many contacts on here.

Can't wait to see pictures from Thanksgiving. I will be staying at home, bummer, huh?

Anonymous said...

Yes, Eve was my official chocolate chip adder whenever we made cookies. Laine helped too, but somehow Eve took the job more seriously. I'm glad to see the tradition is continuing.

When you guys have soup, do the girls still insist on adding ice cubes before they will eat it? I did that once when they were eating at my place and somehow that became an absolute requirement for all times after that. Without an ice cube in the soup, they wouldn't eat it. And of course, THEY had to be the ones who put the ice cube in there.

Love you all.
Habojee

Christine said...

So that's where they got that! Yes, today the girls had chicken noodle soup and insisted on having an ice cube which they put in themselves. They both requested another one after the first ice cube "gissolved" too quickly for their liking.