Wednesday, October 1, 2008

October has Arrived!!!!

This afternoon, we welcomed in October by reading some spooky Halloween kids books. As we were eating dinner, I heard the sound of an owl. I glanced out the window to see a huge gorgeous brown and white owl perched on the branch over our porch staring back at me. It must have been 18 inches tall. Our whole family got to see it. I tried to take video footage of it but as I opened the door to get a better shot, it spread it's wings and swooped off into the woods. We decided it must be an omen to put up our Halloween lights. After dinner we decorated the porch with strands of orange lights (pictures to follow). Oooh how I love October!

1 comment:

Patricia said...

Oooh, I miss October. We've got a nice long streak of sunny days here in the UK, but so far, no turning leaves yet