Monday, November 3, 2008

They Just Might Be Smart

Brace yourself, it's coming, you know we have to do it now and then, so just let us get it out of our system. Here it is: a brag post. Please feel free to skip this one and come back next week when we're less busy talking about how smarty-pants we think our kids are.

We went to Laine's first Kindergarten parent teacher conference today. Mrs. Moulder, her teacher, told us she was doing quite well, and that they had decided to postpone her expulsion by at least another week or two. She did quite well on her reading assessment, scoring up with the kids about to finish the first grade. First graders must have improved since I was there. Laine scored 191 out of 193 on the standardized test. She did miss one question so they'll probably make her repeat Kindergarten until she can tell a capital I from a lower-case l. I should probably get sent back there with her, since I've missed that before too.


We'll start the picture section of this post with some of Laine's school notebook drawings. Note that almost all the letters are pointed in the right direction. You can probably almost tell what everything in the pictures are, which is better than you'd do with any drawing I've ever done.


Here's the family going to cherch.


Here are the girls plaeing on the swing.


This is Laine when she wint to the bookfar.

Here she is playing sokr.



Here are the girls saying "Hy" to each other.


Eve likes to write notes to Mom, and slip them into her binder so she finds them at school. The first time this happened the notes were written on the backs of some photos that we couldn't find anywhere. Now she uses paper, which we appreciate.
"Mommy. I Love you. and. your. cute. I. AM. Are. you. GOOD. To: MOM. From EVE."

I am retarded and can't get the pictures going the right direction. At least the kids are smart.



Here is one from Laine (also delivered by binder-slipping to Mom):







Eve likes to draw good staff for Mom.




Laine did some great ghosts for Halloween. Pac-man is trembling in his boots right now.



One of the important parts about leaving a note for somebody is making sure that they read it. It helps to put a little line at the end of the note telling people to read it. Surveys show that adding this line can increase readership by up to 37%.


Finally, Christine is deeply, madly, and passionately in love with.... the fall.
Bet you thought it would be me. Nope. It's the fall.




This is the view from the kids' bedroom windows into the forest in the back yard. Note that there are trees. I think that's what Christine likes about the fall, maybe I should try growing leaves.

6 comments:

Kelly and Joe said...

Cousin Chris I had no idea you were so talented at bragging! You did an awesome job and I loved it all! I think you and Christine are fabulous, smart, loving, fun parents and I'm proud of you!

Kirsten said...

How adorable are those misspellings? I really think you guys ought to keep those kids. And if you don't, can we?

Silvia said...

That's awesome! I love looking at kids' drawings. So funny!
-Silvia

Luke and Kristin Rudelich said...

Your Lane is sooo smart!! You should be very prous. I also am very jealous of the colorful leaves. Here is California the leaves are all still green :( I miss the fall. Love Ya!!!

Amy said...

It looks like now is the time to visit the east coast! Tell Laine and Eve that they are amazing artists! Don't you love reading their school journals, etc...?

Anonymous said...

Your last two postings made me feel like I was almost there! Laine, we do the same kind of writing that you do in our kindergarten. Way to go! You are a really good writer, and so are you Eve! And James, you are a really good Yoda! Love to you all,
Grandma/Mom