Thursday, November 20, 2008

I Love You Tooth Fart

Laine came home very excited from school yesterday. Her friend, Camilla, had suggested that Laine simply pinch her tooth and pull it out. So, she did. And it worked. When she told us this story, Chris and I had the exact same response. We've been telling you to do that for a week! Laine said, "Yeah, but you didn't tell me about the pinching part." She got to go to the school clinic and get a treasure box for her tooth.
Eve was very excited for Laine. Last night, the girls didn't fall asleep until like 11:00. They were in their rooms having the most fun anyone has ever had. I had ordered some fairy prints to hang on their walls and the girls were really excited about that. Then they were busy alternating between playing fairies and superheros for about an hour and a half. Then they fought and tattled and whined for another good hour before finally falling asleep. There was a LOT of noise coming from the pink room. When it was finally safe for the tooth fairy to work her magic, she has a cute surprise waiting for her.
She also enclosed a letter with the tooth describing what had happened. Dear tooth FAiry I puLD Mi tooth ote in P.E. Love Laine!
Also, I finally caught James doing his "Wake Up!" trick on film.

9 comments:

Silvia said...

ehehe congratulations on the tooth! I just got a childrens book at the library written by Jason Alexander (yes, George on Seinfeld) called "Dad, Are You the Tooth Fairy?" It's a cute story.
You should check it out so when one of your kids ask about the truth about the tooth fairy, then you know what to say!

Kirsten said...

Oh man, I really love the "Wake up!" trick. Especially with cookies/crackers in the eyes.

Anonymous said...

Any self-respecting Kindergarten teacher knows that says, "tooth fary"!
Love, Grandma

Patricia said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Patricia said...

doh! How'd my post get deleted?! Okay, but what I had said was 'Congrats on your tooth monkey! I wish I could still rely on my teeth for a source of income'

Taylor and Natalie Hathcock said...

Oh my your kids are so freakin cute! I can't believe how dang big your sweet baby james is. But I want to see you and Chris too. You should put some family pics up

Luke and Kristin Rudelich said...

love the weekly updates...James is the cutest little boy. He is so freaking cutee!! The tooth Fart is pretty funny also. Love it! Hope you have a good Thanksgiving. Talk to you soon.

Unknown said...

I love that picture of Eve being excited for Laine. It looks like she's singing the praises or the Tooth Fart...which is also very funny. It's like you guys have an endless source of humor to keep you laughing. :)

Karly said...

WHAT IS UP GIRL????????????????
How I miss you! How are you? You have been gone a long time and your darling kids.. OH MY YUMMY! Ok so totally keep in touch. AND btw I never bought you any jeans.. We'll have to work on that! email me and I will invite you to my blog
karlymellen(at)msn(dot)com.
So my baby is turning one tomorrow. Is that how long it's been? I remember being very pregnant working together at CWH and when you would come play at AVH.
Keep IN TOUCH!