Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Our Cute and Silly Girls

As promised, here's the blog post on our girls. James has been doing so many sweet new things that he's monopolized the blog postings lately, but I thought it was time for the girls to catch up. Today, Laine had her kindergarten check-up at the doctor's office and it did NOT go well! It was at the same time as James's 1 year visit, and after she saw him get his shots, she wigged out. Let's just say that she did not get her ability to tolerate pain from me. She was kicking and screaming, "Don't you ever give me a shot again! You're mean! I wish I was Eve so I didn't have to get poked! AAGGHGHGHGHGH!!!!" Tomorrow is her orientation and registration. She's very excited to start school.
In the meantime, Eve, who has no empathy, was smirking and finding the situation highly amusing. She just smiled that sly smile of hers and said to Laine, "Oh, Laine, you'll be fine." Eve's been continuing to read a lot daily. She can read big words like "exquisite." I don't know what she's gonna learn by the time she gets to kindergarten. Lately, these two have been sleeping in the guest bed in the basement and thinking it's the funnest thing ever. They have an awful lot of fun together.

No comments: