Wednesday, April 9, 2008

James Turned 1!

Today, our baby boy turned 1!!! We can hardly believe how quickly the year has flown by. Chris baked him a brownie cake in the shape of a number 1.
Here's James a year and 5 days ago. I miss being pregnant with him. He was such a good baby even in utero. I went into labor during the evening on Easter. I was working the night shift at LDS Maternity. Around 1 or 2 in the morning, I was pounding out contractions 3-4 minutes apart, and at 5 I decided to hand off my patients and go home. As soon as I got home and relaxed, my contractions slowed. I had a check up with Danielle, my lovely midwife, at 10 a.m. I was at 6 cm, and things were going slowly, so I went back to the Bradleys and labored in their tub and napped all afternoon. When I went back to the office at 4, I was finally 8 cm. We went across the street to St. Marks, broke my water, and got the show on the road. Chris got to catch our baby and announce that...

It was a boy! We had waited to find out what the gender was. Boy were we surprised. He was a sweet baby and a good sleeper right from the start.

Here's James opening his presents. He got some wooden giraffes and elephants among other fun things.
James is walking around in his styling new shoes from my sister. Happy Birthday, baby boy!

2 comments:

Nikki said...

Oh, cuteness! I couldn't remember if his birthday was the 10th or the 9th, oops. He's grown so much. I also forgot that you guys didn't find out the gender, but didn't you kind of know? Anyway, Happy Birthday James!

Unknown said...

Happy birthday James! Now are you saying that you took that picture of you 5 days before James was born? Holy smokes. You are one good-looking pregnant woman!