Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Right Back At You, Mom!

Lately, it's been really frustrating taking the kids anywhere because every time we have to get back in the car, I have to tell Laine to buckle her seatbelt like 6 times. I'll say, "Ok kids, let's get buckled and ready to go!" and a minute later, Laine will be dancing around in the backseat having a conversation with Eve about princesses, so I'll say "Ok bud, really. It's time to go. I should only have to say this once. Get in your seat please." Wiggle wiggle wiggle.
"LAINE! Now! We have to go! How many times do I need to tell you to get buckled?!"
"I heard you the first time, Mom!"
"Oh yeah, then how come you're not buckled yet?"
"I was going to! See?"
We have this conversation every time we pile into the car. Well, the other day at dinner, Laine asks us to pour her a glass of milk. Chris was in the middle of scooping food onto Eve's plate and I was wrestling James on my lap and a few minutes passed without Laine's request being fulfilled. Well, she sure had a thing or two to say about that!
"You still haven't poured me my glass of milk! How many times do you think I should have to ask for a glass of milk in this family? Once! And that's it! I'd better not have to ask again or there'll be trouble!"
Chris and I were both laughing so hard at her stern little speech that she didn't get in too much trouble for being sassy and impertinent.

1 comment:

Nikki said...

How funny! Gotta love the things that come out of their mouths.