Friday, February 20, 2009

Laine's Journal

Before I show you how brilliant Laine's journal is, I'll show you a few recent photos that I didn't get a chance to put up. For Thanksgiving, Laine was asked to "disguise" a turkey. Don't you love Mom homework? Well, since I forgot about the assignment until the night before, Laine's turkey got to dress up as the easiest thing I could put together: a surgical tech. Laine thought it was great. Here's a picture of Laine and David. Her 'special friend' from her class at Centreville Elementary. "rosa parks got on the Bus evin tho she hab dark skin. she got in truble and got arestide."
"I Liket iT Wen they mad a snowman."
"for cristmste I got a wii."
"I Am swining on the swing." Note: insects not drawn to scale.
"geronhog's hibernad in the winter. they sleeq oL Winter Long. they Wake uq in sqring." I need to work on capitalization with her as well as the difference between lowercase 'p's and 'q's. Other than that, I thought this was great.

I think Laine might have drawn this on Groundhog's Day. No words, but what a great depiction of a shadow.

4 comments:

Taylor and Natalie Hathcock said...

what adorable and smart kids you have! You have taught them well! I hope all is well with you miss you lots. Call if you need to talk! I am here for you always!

Kelly and Joe said...

I love kids' schoolwork!

Silvia said...

that's hilarious!

Nic said...

Wow, Laine! You're really good at writing and drawing!

Love,
Nemo