Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Pillow Talk with Laine and Eve

Chris just tucked the girls in to sleep and I am across the hall in our bedroom right now listening to their little ramblings and conversations. I'm recording this as it is being spoken:

Eve: Laine, do you want to play princesses or heroes with me?
Laine: I'm trying to sleep. Eve, you're bothering me and making me not sleep.
Eve: I wasn't talking to you, Laine! I was talking to my pretend cousin friend, Laine Hendricks.
Laine: Oh, ok.
Eve: Laine, I'm wearing my red pajamas because I like my red pajamas. They are so cozy. Hey Laine, is that Marshall's water bottle?
Laine: Yup. I just found it.
Eve: But you're big enough not to have a water bottle.
Laine: I didn't want to spill on my bed.
Eve: Some times I like to pretend I'm fighting dragons.
Laine: I wish I had a place to put my bottle on.
Eve: Could I sleep in your bed?
Laine: No.
Eve: I know, but could I borrow it for a little while?
Laine: No. If you had your own bed you could have it. Too bad you don't have a bed like me.
Eve: Well if you had a little bed like me, I would share my bed with you. Too bad you don't have a bed like me.
Laine: NO, it's too bad you don't have a bed like me.
Eve: Well my bed has a gate to keep me from rolling off. Your bed has drawers, but they're not pink.
Laine: Nope, they're white.
Eve: Hey Laine, this is the sign for pillow.
Laine: No, that's the sign for crocodile. This is the sign for pillow. You were signing crocodile. See?
Eve: Do I need to put my hands like your hands to sign pillow?
Laine: Yeah, but Eve, you're making me not sleep.
Eve: No I'm not. I'm talking to my pretend cousin Laine Hendricks.
Laine: Yeah, but you're making noise and noise makes me not sleep.
Eve: You're trying to shake my hand.
Laine: I'm just trying to shake your hand. Just try to reach my hand.
Eve: You're trying to touch me!
Laine: Eve, just touch my hand and then I'll stop talking and I'll let you snuggle me.
Eve: Unh uhhh. I'm snuggling with my pretend friend. You're not letting me sleep.

They're so ridiculous. I think I need to go intervene now. Laine just came into our room and said "I was letting Eve snuggle me, but she did not want to snuggle me. That was not so nice. Hey! You forgot to check on me. When are you gonna come check on me?!" Silly girls...

3 comments:

Nikki said...

So funny! Did we leave a water bottle or was that pretend, too?

Nikki said...

Just so you know when you see it, my recent subtitle change to "We are the Bradley's" is by no means to undermine the fact that you are the Bradley's too. Several of my friends have added me to their blog list as "Nikki Marshall" so I thought this might be a subtle hint that it's not my last name anymore. Anyway...

Allison said...

Hilarious. You are an awesome writer. I can't wait for my girls to be able to interact like this.

Allison Hottinger