Tuesday, January 22, 2008

James Still Hates Baths

So, James still hates taking baths. Chris really worked with him and got him to be comfortable in a bath if he or I are in the bath holding him, but if a grown up is not in the tub, he screams his head off. It's really one of the few times James yells. He's normally the greatest kid ever. Laine tried holding him and comforting him, but it didn't work. I had a really cute little video of them all bathing, but it contained way too many crotch shots of Eve for me to post it on the internet. In other news, Chris is still really enjoying his job, even though some times he finds it very challenging. I am loving every minute of school and I just accepted a position as a labor and delivery scrub tech at Virginia Hospital Center. It's actually the same one I turned down a couple of months ago when I thought I was going to be finishing school in Salt Lake. I talked to my academic advisor today and due to the fact that so many of my courses need to be taken in sequential order, and because certain classes are only offered at certain times, it's going to take me a full 2 years going part time to complete the program rather than the year and a half at full time that I originally thought. So, I'm back doing the night shift thing, only this time I'm going to work 1 job, not 3, and I'm only going to work on weekends when Chris will be around to let me sleep. One of my nursing professors told me this story of this nurse she knew that was 24 years old and worked 12 hour graveyard shifts 7 days a week. One day, she went in a patient's room to start a foley and just dropped dead. I have no idea if her sudden death was at all related to her working like a dog, and for all I know, this professor could have been making it up, but judging from the way I feel after going 72 hours with no sleep, I wouldn't be surprised if the story is true.

I'm going to try to post a poll to the right, so please take a minute to respond. I would like your input on the sort of decor you would like to see in our guest bedroom. Later this spring or summer, I'm gonna try to get it looking cute. Regardless of your input, the room will probably be furnished with $25 IKEA nightstands and random thrift store crap, but your opinion may mean the difference between an antique looking clock from the thrift store or a seashell candle from Costco. If you have any further suggestions or if you are home decor savvy, please post further thoughts in the comment section. And please visit us!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm the one who voted for "whatever". When I come to visit you it won't be the decor that I'm interested in seeing. It'll be those cute little kids that I miss so very much. (Oh...and I suppose it might be nice to see YOU too... maybe.)
;)

Nikki said...

I voted for B&B, minus the cheesy floral comforter! JK, I'd sleep on an air mattress for all I care.

Anonymous said...

If you want some good tips on decorating then you should come to my blog at johnsawesomedecorating.blogspot.com. I really feature some great new feng shui concepts that will blow your socks off.

Peace Out