Thursday, March 6, 2008

Mt. Vernon Excursion

As part of our spring break week of fun, I took the kids to Mt. Vernon today to see George Washington's plantation. I was a little hesitant to take the kids there because I thought they might be too young to find a historic site very interesting, but we had a great time. We went on a guided tour of the mansion, and Laine was asking and answering questions with the tour guide and was genuinely interested in knowing what life was like back when Washington lived on Mt. Vernon.
This is the view of the Potomac River from the estate. I bet Washington wished his view included a pair of adorable giggly preschoolers.

The kids liked exploring the barn. They still grow lots of food and keep animals on the plantation. This was the highlight of the visit for Laine and Eve.

James was with us too, but he's always in the sling with me, so it's hard to get good pictures of him, so here he is on the car ride home being a good boy as usual.

No comments: