Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Spring is Springing

The weather turned beautiful today in Salt Lake City. The snow had cleared out, the sun was shining, the birds were singing, and my three favorite circus clowns were ready for some serious outdoors action. The girls spent most of the afternoon playing in the windy spring weather, first in the backyard while James was wrapping up his nap, then later in the front yard with their cousin Marshall.
James has found a new favorite thing in the whole wide world: wiffle balls. For throwing, catching, or just holding in your hand while you run around in circles, nothing beats a wiffle ball. The neighbors next door thought he was so cute playing with some of theirs that they gave a few to him to keep forver. As soon as he hits the door, he makes sure to have at least one with him at all times in the yard.

Laine on the other hand has had a bigger toy on her mind, a shiny green bicycle that Grandma keeps on hand for aspiring young cyclists in the family. She hopped on and took off like a champ, even though it's been well over a year since she's had a chance to practice. I was pretty impressed she remembered how to do it, I guess it's kind of like riding a bike.

When James saw her going, he took off in hot persuit. Note that he still has the wiffle ball.

After biking, it was clearly time for the tree-hugging competition, I think Eve won, but James was a very close second.

And of course, no afternoon of playing outside is complete without lots of hugs.

Laine did her best to prove that you don't need teeth to have an awesome smile. I think the jury is still out on this one.

Finally, did I mention that James loves to hold a wiffle ball in each hand and run around in circles? I defy you to find a person on earth as happy as this little guy.

5 comments:

Taylor and Natalie Hathcock said...

Oh it was such a beautiful day so nice and warmer than usual. Your kids are so adorable that little James is a true boy with that wiffle ball always in hand.

Christine said...

Oh, my James you are so cute and happy with your wiffle balls. Laine, I love the turtleneck and gypsy dress pairing. Eve, you're so lovely.

Allison said...

James makes me wish that this baby in my tummy was a boy. But your girls also make me feel like it is possible for my 3 girls to be best friends.

Silvia said...

I didn't know you were back in SLC. It truly is warm, but have you checked the weather forecast for friday? The high will be 38. Goodbye to spring! Oh, and your kids are adorable as always :)

Nikki said...

Love the pictures, Chris. Thanks for emailing us the one of Marshall.