Thursday, December 11, 2008

Star of the Week

This week was super duper exciting for Laine. It was her turn to be the class Star of the Week. The big SoW is a prestigious status awarded only one week out of the school year so you can just imagine her excitement at being chosen. The SoW and the SoW's mother have many responsibilities that include things like making a poster.


In the above photo, Laine is holding a biography that her classmates wrote about her after they interviewed her about her life. They asked what color her cars were, what her favorite movies and games were, how many siblings, etc. The SoW also gets to have her parents come in and read to the class with them.Laine and her Daddy captivated the audience with the tale of Rumplestiltskin.And even though this post is about Lainey, I had to throw in this shot of Eve looking so sassy.Oh and here's a good picture of our Star of the Week where you can see her newly upper-toothless state. The tooth fairy has been a frequent visitor at our place lately.And Natalie, babe, this one's for you. A picture of me! This shows that I really love you a lot because I hate having my picture taken. Today was my last final of the semester so some girlfriends and I went out and celebrated. Us nurses sure party hard, let me tell ya.
And that's been our lives lately. Now that I'm out of school for a month, I'll update the blog more frequently. Ooh! And I'm planning some major organizing projects for the house. I really know how to live it up when I'm not in school.

10 comments:

Patricia said...

Congrats Laine!! I remeber third grade, I was skipped on student of the week! I'm glad you posted a picture of yourself, Christie, looking hot as usual!

Allison said...

You deserve a full day at the spa. Truly, you are amazing.

Kirsten said...

Laine IS such a star! And I think the toothlessness is adorable.

Congrats on finishing finals! That must feel so great. You deserve a break.

Kelly and Joe said...

Congratulations on surviving another finals week, Christine!

You and Laine should both be very proud of yourselves!!

Silvia said...

I always loved your glasses! sexy mama! And way to go on the SoW! Awesome job!

Nic said...

Congratulations, Laine! I love you lots!

Nemo

Taylor and Natalie Hathcock said...

Hey! I am so gald I got to finally see a pic of you! You look so cute and happy. Well I bet it feels good to be out of school for a while! Wait...... I forgot you are my friend who lives for school. You funny girl. So what do you have planned for projects around the house?

Luke and Kristin Rudelich said...

Christine...So glad to finally see a picture of you! You look fabulous. Love your guts!!

Karly said...

How much longer do you have left in school? I LOVE school too! TOTALLY LIVE FOR IT! IN fact I am going back to get my NP! I am so excited@

Anonymous said...

Hooray for breaks--any kind of break! Way to go Christie.
Love,
Mom