Thursday, February 14, 2008

You did WHAT?!


So today, after Laine and Eve are done with their bath, Laine walks by me wrapped in a towel with a finger in her ear and says,

"Hey! I can feel my rock."

Me: "What rock?"

"The rock that I put in my ear."

"Oh, that rock. What?!?!?! When did you put a rock in your ear?"

"While I was at school."

So I pull out my pen light, take a peek and sure enough, there'a a rock the size of a small shriveled pea lodged really deep in Laine's ear. It's so far in and so tightly stuck that I can't get anything in around it to scoop it out.

"What were you thinking?! Tell me exactly how this happened."

"Well I was at school and it was resting time so I was really bored, but then I found a rock on my cot."

"So you decided to put it in your ear."

"Yup. But you don't have to worry because I will never put rocks in my ear again."

"Right. Okay. Hold on."

Ring ring

"Josh! Laine has a rock stuck in her ear. What do I do?"

Josh (it's so great to have a ear nose throat doc in the family) assured me that this sort of thing happens all the time and that she'll be okay. Chris and I made further attempts to remove it, but with no success. So I guess Laine is just going to have to live with a rock in her ear until the next time she sees a doc. I was mad about it, but Chris relates completely. Once when he was like 16 he got a part of a pen stuck in his ear and had to go to the Instacare to get it removed. What a romantic Valentine's this has been.

No comments: